In the words of ghostbuster Peter Venkman, “He slimed me.” It’s a memorable moment from the original movie and one that has inspired the new Ghostbusters movie this summer.
Slime and ghosts were just some of the paranormal activities that occurred in the classic film and these Jell-O parfaits convey that same eerie feeling of a ghost rising from the ectoplasm. Only these spirits are friendlier and much more delicious!
Ghostbusters Ghost Jell-O
1 Boo Cubes ghost ice tray by Fred & Friends
2 envelopes Knox gelatin
½ cup boiling water
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O
1. In a bowl stir together the Knox gelatin with the boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir well.
2. Place the ghost ice tray on a small baking sheet and pour the milk mixture into the mold. Refrigerate until solid, one hour.
3. Ready eight small parfait glasses. In a bowl make the lime Jell-O according to package. Pour half into the glasses and leave the rest in the bowl, at room temperature.
4. Refrigerate the lime Jell-O glasses until solid, approximately one hour.
5. Remove the ghost Jell-O from the mold and place one into each of the lime Jell-O cups. Pour the rest of the room-temp lime Jell-O mixture around the ghost Jell-Os and return the glasses to the refrigerator.
6. Chill until solid, then serve.